There has been a consultation regarding bus service reductions so we knew that Sunday journeys on service 130 between Macclesfield and Manchester are to cease. From the last Sunday in January, another set of changes is coming our way. These affect Monday to Saturday services with service frequency now set to be near hourly across the whole day rather than half-hourly for much of it. This ends any semblance of half-hourly service operation after nearly 15 years. Still, the spread of journeys from early morning to mid-evening is maintained and that is a bonus. In the end, extra journeys only were seen between Macclesfield and Wilmslow with these being affected by late running of the Manchester to Macclesfield journeys. If the route was split at Wilmslow, the different route lengths may not have been so incompatible and that likelihood of two buses running together may have killed the improved frequency. Local authorities really need to do something about bus prioritisation if we are to address the precarious financial state of bus service provision in these testing times.
CrossCountry train services have been affected by industrial action over the last few weeks with a number of 24 hour strikes. More are to come in December with 23rd, 24th, 27th and 31st as planned dates. The cause of the dispute centres around rostering and Sunday working rather than forthcoming changes in duties like those affecting Northern or Merseyrail. The industrial relations disputes seem to be spreading with Arriva Northwest’s bus operations suffering a continued impact because of a dispute over pay.
While I associate autumn bus service changes with September, there are some companies that do them in October and Stagecoach Manchester is among them. Mostly, the alterations are about maintaining punctuality but there are some due to low patronage and loss of Transport fro Greater Manchester (TfGM) contracts too. Here then is a list of what is changing:
Service 7: Stockport – Ashton
To improve punctuality, Monday to Friday journeys will be re-timed.
Service 15: Flixton – Manchester
To improve punctuality, Saturday morning journeys re-timed.
Service 23, 23A: Stockport – intu Trafford Centre
Monday to Saturday daytime services re-timed to run every 30 minutes. Together, they provide a bus every 15 minutes between Stockport and intu Trafford Centre.
Service 24: Stockport – MediaCityUK
Unfortunately owing to low patronage, it has become necessary to withdraw service 24.
Service 33: Wigan – Manchester
Monday to Saturday evening journeys will operated by Diamond. Sunday timetable revised.
Service 34: Bryn – Manchester
Buses will no longer serve the bus stop on the A6 at Westwood.
Service 43: Manchester – Manchester Airport
To improve punctuality, Monday to Saturday journeys will be re-timed.
Service 50: MediaCityUK – East Didsbury
By customer request, an additional late journey will be introduced Monday to Saturday at 00:10 from MediaCityUK.
Service 53: Cheetham Hill – Salford Shopping Centre
Service will be operated by First Manchester.
Service 56A, 57A: Bank House – Manchester
This service has been discontinued by TfGM.
Service 129: Middleton – Hollin circular
Daily evening and Sunday daytime service introduced following the award of a TfGM contract partially replacing service 156.
Service 156: Manchester – Middleton
Service curtailed to run between Manchester and Middleton only. Travel between Middleton and Hollin will be provided by new service 129.
Service 203: Stockport – Manchester
To improve punctuality, Saturday and Sunday morning journeys re-timed.
Service 219: Ashton – Manchester
To improve punctuality, Monday to Friday peak time journeys re-timed.
Service 250: intu Trafford Centre – Manchester
Early morning journeys before 06:00 revised to provide additional journeys. Monday to Friday, buses will leave Manchester Piccadilly at 05:09, 05:34 and 05:59. From intu Trafford Centre buses will leave at 05:47, 06:12 and 06:37.
Service 255: Partington – Manchester
To improve punctuality, Monday to Saturday early morning journeys will be re-timed.
Service 256: Flixton – Manchester
To improve punctuality, Saturday morning and Sunday daytime journeys will be re-timed.
One of the other companies changing bus times in October is High Peak and only a few of their services are affected. The following are the service changes:
Service 61: Buxton – Glossop
The peak timetable is revised to improve reliability and the 19:20 weekday journey from Glossop to Hayfield is withdrawn following changes to the 202/341 service.
Service 65: Buxton – Sheffield
This service will wholly be operated by High Peak Buses and the timetable will be revised to improve reliability. Also, the service will be branded as Peaks and Dales and two refurbished buses will operate on the route with modern interiors and free Wi-Fi.
Service 193: Buxton – Wardlow Mires
This service will be withdrawn following changes to our 65 service. Journeys on service 193 will be included as part of service 65 and numbered 65A.
Service 202/341: Glossop – Hyde
Following Derbyshire County Council’s re-tendering of the service, route 202 is being dropped with service 341 being extended to compensate. High Peak no longer will be the operator with Stotts taking over from them.
Marple Shopper Services 303, 304, 305
These services will be withdrawn following a review by TfGM.
Service 394: Glossop – Stepping Hill
This service will be revised to improve reliability at peak times.
Service P1: Poynton – Hazel Grove
This service will be revised to improve reliability at peak times.
Yesterday, Arriva Northwest operated next to none of its buses because of a 24 hour strike by drivers and engineers and others are planned for 2017-11-06, 2017-11-08, 2017-11-13, 2017-11-20 and 2017-11-27. Both of these are on weekdays so the stoppages will affect commuters so other alternative travel or work arrangements will be needed while others will need to look at their plans too. In all my time living in Cheshire, this is the first time that I recall this happening and it is about pay rises as these things so often are.
Liverpool Lime Street is being upgraded this autumn. More details on Network Rail website.
Stagecoach Manchester are revising their bus services in North Manchester, Oldham & Tameside South Manchester & Stockport, Salford & Wigan and the list of affected services is at the bottom of this entry. On service 86, the 04:55 journey from Piccadilly to Chorlton is withdrawn and service 634 no longer will be operated by Stagecoach. Service 85A is being withdrawn and journeys are replaced with route 85, which runs via Alexandra Road South to Arrowfield Road instead of via Withington Road and Whalley Range. The last Monday to Saturday evening journeys on service 313 will be 22:20 from Stockport and 22:46 from Grove Lane while Sunday evening journeys stay as they are. To end on a more promising note, service 118 frequency will be increased to four per hour (every 15 minutes) on Sundays so their are more buses serving North Manchester General Hospital.
North Manchester, Oldham & Tameside 7, 56, 57, 81, 112, 118, 216, 219, 221, 231, 236, 237, 347.
South Manchester & Stockport 7, 11, 11A, 15, 23, 23A, 24, 42, 42A, 42B, 50, 53, 85, 85A, 86, 101, 102, 103, 111, 142, 143, 168, 171, 172, 179, 192, 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 250, 255, 256, 309, 310, 312, 313, 330, 345, 358, 368, 370, 372, 374, 375, 380, 381, 383, 384.
Salford & Wigan34, 38, 50, 540, 600, 621, 628, 630, 634, 658.
The usual September overhaul of bus services that I have seen in Cheshire also extends to Merseyside as you will see from the list below. As it happens, I always wonder if this type of thing is often better done six months earlier in the year so that lengthening hours of daylight help to bed in any innovations with more success. Still, I reckon that the trigger usually is the start of new academic year in schools, colleges and universities so there is some sense to the timing. All the changes are in order of service number regardless of Mersey side region so you may see the same service number reused in different places.
1/2 Liverpool – Chester Monday to Friday times are changed.
1/1A/1B/1C Moreton Circulars New group of circular services introduced by Merseytravel, to be operated by A2B Travel. Route 1 runs from Moreton Cross via Leasowe rail station, Leasowe Ross Avenue, Moreton Shore to Moreton Cross – hourly, Mon to Sat daytime. Route 1A runs from Moreton Cross via Leasowe rail station, Reeds Lane, Moreton Shore to Moreton Cross –hourly, evenings and all day Sunday . Route 1B runs from Moreton Cross via Borrowdale Road to Saughall Massie, Bermuda Road, Curlew Way (replacing the 901) and Town Meadow to Moreton Cross- hourly Mon-Sunday and Route 1C runs from Moreton Cross in the opposite direction to Route 1A – hourly, evenings and all day Sunday.
10 Liverpool – St Helens Evening and all Sunday journeys no longer serve Liverpool ONE bus station but now start at Victoria Street stop VE, at the far end, past Crosshall Street. Times are changed.
10/10A New Brighton – Arrowe Park Hospital Route 10 is curtailed to run between New Brighton and Liscard (Victoria Central Hospital) only. Times are changed. Route 10a times are changed. Both services now operate on Mondays to Fridays only, the Saturday service is withdrawn.
12/13 Liverpool – Stockbridge Village circulars Daytime service returns to a combined 6 minute frequency.
14 Liverpool – Murdishaw The 0857 schooldays only journey from Belle Vale is withdrawn. The main service is unchanged.
15 Liverpool – Huyton The Mon-Fri daytime frequency is increased to every 7/8 minutes. Mon-Sat journeys now start from Sir Thomas Street. Times are changed.
16/17 Moreton – Clatterbridge Hospital A new schooldays only journey (17S) is introduced from Moreton Cross at 0745 serving Bebington High School and Wirral Grammar School replacing school journeys on Routes 650 and 652. The main timetable is unchanged.
18 Liverpool – Croxteth Park Saturday frequency reduced to every 12 minutes and the Sunday frequency is reduced to every 20 minutes. The Monday to Friday service is unchanged.
19 Liverpool – Gilmoss Monday to Friday: From Liverpool – the evening 1953 journey is withdrawn. From Gilmoss – a new early morning 0713 journey is introduced. The main service is unchanged.
20/21 Liverpool – Tower Hill/Northwood Monday to Friday daytime frequency returns to every 10 minutes. The rest of the timetable is unchanged.
26/27 Sheil Road Circulars Monday to Friday times are changed. Saturday and Sunday service is unchanged.
37 St Helens – Eccleston New hourly Sunday daytime Merseytravel service introduced, to be operated by Huyton Travel. The Monday to Saturday service is unchanged.
38/38A West Kirby – Bromborough One daytime journey per hour and all evening and Sunday journeys are extended from Bromborough Retail Park/Riverside Park to Mill Park via Bromborough Cross, Acre Lane, Plymyard Avenue and Eastham Village. Times are revised.
38A St Helens – Rainford The times of the evening and Sunday Merseytravel journeys have changed.
44X Crossens – Walnut St/Formby Schoolday only journey from Ainsdale (0820) to Southport (0845) is re-introduced. The main service 44 is unchanged.
52/52A Liverpool – Netherton/Old Roan Monday to Saturday evening journeys are retimed. Sunday daytime journeys now run to Netherton only, no longer extending through to Old Roan, while the evening journeys are retimed.
53 Liverpool – Crosby Monday to Saturday frequency returns to every 6/7 minutes. Times are changed.
60 Bootle – Aigburth Monday to Friday daytime frequency reduced to every 12 minutes. Saturday times are changed but Sunday service is unchanged.
60 St Helens – Windle Hall Drive A new Monday to Saturday journey is introduced, leaving at 1735. Main service is unchanged.
76 Liverpool – Halewood Saturday daytime frequency is reduced to hourly. Monday to Friday and Sunday service is unchanged.
79/79D Liverpool – Netherly/Halewood Monday to Friday frequency increased to every 5 minutes. Times are changed.
81/81A Bootle – Speke Monday to Friday daytime frequency returns to every 20 minutes. Times are changed.
82/82D Liverpool – Liverpool South Parkway/Speke Combined frequencies reduced. 82 is re-routed in Liverpool city centre. Now comes into Liverpool via St James Street and Park Lane, omitting Great George Stree, Berry Street, Renshaw Street and Hanover Street.
83 Prenton – Liverpool Route 83: the 0635 (Mon-Fri) and 0800 (Sat) journeys are withdrawn.
84/85 Clatterbridge Hospital – Raby Mere/Heswall Both routes are revised with Route 84 now running between Heswall, Clatterbridge Hospital, Poulton Lancelyn, Bromborough and Mill Park to Raby Mere and new Route 85 running the same route to Mill Park then extending to Eastham Ferry. The service operates an hourly frequency, with the extension to Raby Mere and Eastham Ferry offered every 2 hours.
86/86A/86D Liverpool – Garston/ Liverpool JL Airport Service frequencies return to the pre-summer level.
88/88A West Kirby – Heswall/Neston Routes are curtailed to run between West Kirby and Heswall only. Route 88a journeys now operate every day. Some times are changed.
90 Birkenhead – Prenton Circular Service now starts from Birkenhead bus station, now longer serving Woodside and is also rerouted to serve the Holmlands Estate off Woodchurch Road. Times are changed.
91/92 Birkenhead – Prenton Hourly Saturday daytime service introduced. Operated for Merseytravel by A2B Travel.
106 Liscard – Moreton Cross Now runs as a circular service between Liscard and Wallasey Village via New Brighton. No longer serves Leasowe, Moreton, Wallasey Road, Cliff Road, Mill Lane or St Georges Road. Operates to a 70 minute frequency.
110 New Brighton – Clatterbridge Hospital Early morning journeys are renumbered 410.
111 Parr – Lea Green Station Journey now operated for Merseytravel by Huyton Travel. Times are unchanged.
112 New Ferry – Poulton Lancelyn Service is withdrawn.
113 New Ferry – Heswall Service is withdrawn.
118/119 New Brighton – Mill Park Monday to Saturday evenings and Sunday service is withdrawn.
124/125 Wallasey Circulars Services are rerouted and are extended from Seacombe Ferry to Woodside and no longer run as circulars. Route 124 now runs via Wallasey Village, Breck Road, Poulton Road, Seacombe to Woodside. Route 125 now runs via Warren Drive, New Brighton, Liscard, Liscard Road, Seacombe to Woodside. All times are changed.
137 St Helens – Billinge Service now operated for Merseytravel by Huyton Travel. Times are unchanged.
145/146 Various – Eastham Ferry Route 145: Most journeys are withdrawn, with just a few early morning journeys remaining. Birkenhead – Eastham Ferry Route 146 is withdrawn.
154 Birkenhead – Prenton Service is withdrawn.
155 Birkenhead – Higher Tranmere Service is withdrawn.
156 St Helens – Ashton The Monday to Friday 0620 is retimed to leave at 0630 (as the Saturday journey). The main service is unchanged.
175 Heswall – Irby Circular Service is now operated for Merseytravel by A2B Travel. Times are unchanged.
203 Woodside – Seacombe Ferry See 403/413 info below.
218 Woodside – Mill Park See 418/419 below.
254 Bold (Travers Entry) – Warrington Interchange New schooldays only journeys introduced by Link Network. Leaves Bold at 0750 serving St Gregory’s School (0835), then returning from St Gregory’s at 1505 arriving back at Bold at 1551.
286 Eastham Ferry – New Ferry Service is withdrawn.
293 Woodside – West Kirby Service is withdrawn.
300 Liverpool – Lydiate/Southport Monday to Friday times are changed. Saturday and Sunday service unchanged.
352A Orrell – St Helens Bus Station New schooldays only journey introduced by Link Network. Leaves Orrell Water Park at 0852, arriving at St Helens bus station at 0919 for Winstanley College.
403/413/423/203 Woodside/Birkenhead – Seacombe Route 403 is withdrawn (the section of route between Wallasey Village and Seacombe Ferry is replaced by new/revised routes 408/409 – see below). Route 203 journeys are replaced by additional Route 423 journeys. Seacombe – Liverpool Route 413 is unchanged. Route 423 is rerouted and no longer serves the Sandrook Estate, is extended via Seacombe to Birkenhead bus station and some times are changed.
408 Woodside – Wallasey Village Circular New Monday to Saturday half hourly daytime service introduced by Arriva. Runs via Birkenhead bus station, Four Bridges, Seacombe, Poulton Road, Breck Road, Wallasey Village, Liscard, Seacombe, Four Bridges, Birkenhead bus station and back to Woodside (although it is rerouted at the moment due to the work on Four Bridges).
409 Woodside – Wallasey Village Circular Service is rerouted to run in the opposite direction to Route 408 – see above. Times are changed. 410/110 New Brighton – Clatterbridge Hospital Route 410: Saturday service frequency is reduced, with buses offering a 15 minute frequency between New Brighton and Birkenhead and a 30 minute frequency through to Clatterbridge Hospital. Evening journeys no longer serve Woodside and some times are changed. Route 110: Early morning journeys are renumbered 410 and are retimed and early Sunday morning journeys will no longer serve Woodside.
411 Woodside – New Brighton The late evening journeys are now operated by Arriva, with some minor changes to times.
418/419/218 Woodside – Mill Park Route 419 is withdrawn. Route 218 journeys are renumbered 418 and the new 418 route now runs a circular route between Birkenhead bus station and New Ferry via Laird Street, Beechwood, Arrowe Park Hospital and Woodchurch Road. Times are changed.
487 Liverpool – Neston/Parkgate The Monday to Friday schooldays only journey from Neston to Birkenhead bus station is withdrawn. The main service is unchanged.
492/495 Woodside/Birkenhead – Noctorum circulars Evening and Sunday journeys are extended through to serve Arrowe Park Hospital. Daytime service is unchanged.
607 Upton – Storeton Lane The 1555 schooldays only journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Arriva.
608 Ridgeway High School – St. James Church The 1525 schooldays only journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Arriva.
621 Upton Station – West Kirby The 0815 schooldays only journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Arriva.
630 Woodchurch High School – Moreton Cross The 1525 schooldays only journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Arriva.
635 Weatherhead School – Town Meadow Lane The 1537 schooldays only journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Eazibus.
650 Ridgeway High School – Wirral Grammar School Journey withdrawn but replaced by new Route 17 journey – 17S from Moreton Cross at 0745.
652 Moreton – Wirral Grammar School Journey withdrawn but replaced by new Route 17 journey – 17S from Moreton Cross at 0745.
657 Hindley – Gathurst 0755 schoolday only journey for St John Rigby College is now operated for TfGM by Greater Manchester Buses South. Times are revised.
666 St Julies – Childwall Valley Rd The afternoon schoolday only journey now leaves the school at 1535.
673 Barnston – West Kirby The 0804 schooldays only journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Arriva.
702 Oxton – West Kirby The 1600 journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Arriva.
705 Thingwall – Noctorum The 0725 schooldays only journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Arriva.
712 Ridgeway High School – Bebington station The 1700 schooldays only journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Arriva.
713 Hard Lane – Queens Park School Now operated for Merseytravel by Hatton’s Travel.
716 Cowley hill School – Elton Head Road Now operated for Merseytravel by Hatton’s Travel.
718 Sutton Manor – St Cuthberts School Now operated for Merseytravel by Hatton’s Travel.
741 Southport – All Hallows RC School Schooldays only journeys operated by Preston Bus on behalf of Lancashire CC. The morning journey leaves Southport at 0720 (arriving 0835) and returns at 1500 (arriving 1618).
780 Prescot – Rainford High Technology College Morning journey now leaves Prescot at 0733 (arriving 0835) and returns from the College at 1525 (arriving back at Prescot at 1627)
781 Seaforth Station – Crosby Journey now leaves Seaforth station at 0751, arriving in Crosby at 0806.
787 Liverpool South Parkway – Hope University 0805 schooldays only journeys now operated for Merseytravel by Selwyns Travel.
821 Netherton – Liverpool Journey now operated for Merseytravel by Avon Buses. Times are unchanged.
892 Bootle – Kirkby Admin The 0611 journey is now operated for Merseytravel by Avon Buses.
901 Leasowe – Moreton Service is withdrawn.
X3 Liverpool – Kirkby/Knowsley Industrial Park Monday to Friday late morning/early afternoon and all day Sunday frequency is reduced to hourly.
There are a lot of bus service changes on the way in Staffordshire in addition to a selection of road works and the end of summer season services for 2017. Regarding the former, Bennetts Lane near Bramshall will be closed for roadworks from 11th to 15th September 2017 with D&G service 841 diverting along A518 and Old Knotty Way to Uttoxeter and a shuttle bus service operating between Bramshall Inn and Uttoxeter Bus Station. Until 17 November 2017, St Peters Bridge in Burton will be closed for essential repair work so Midland Classic services 2, 4, 9/19, 18, 21/21E and 22 will be diverted via Stapenhill Road, Burton Bridge and High Street. The remaining service change details follow.
From 29th August 2017
- Service 819 (Midland Classic, Hill Ridware – Lichfield): Revised timetable and minor route changes.
- Services 810 / 811 / 812 (Midland Classic, Burton – Lichfield): Revised route and timetable, including the introduction of new 809 Schoolday only journeys.
- Services 821 / 822 (Midland Classic, Lichfield Circulars): Revised timetable and minor route changes.
- Service 1 (Midland Classic, Burton – Tutbury) – Revised route and timetable. Route extended to Tutbury, but will no longer serve Meadow View in Rolleston or Athelstan Way.
- Service 2 (Midland Classic, Horninglow – Stapenhill): Revised timetable.
- Service 9 (Midland Classic, Burton – Ashby): Revised route and timetable.
- Service 10 (Midland Classic, Burton – Rough Hay): Revised timetable.
- Service 11 (Midland Classic, Burton – Anglesey Road): Revised timetable.
- Service 17 (Midland Classic, Burton – Stretton) – Revised route and timetable. Princess Way, Hillfield Lane and James Brindley Way will no longer be served.
- Service 19 / 19B / 19C (Midland Classic, Burton – Ashby): Revised route and timetable.
- Services 21 / 21E (Midland Classic, Burton – Swadlincote): Revised timetable.
- Services 22 / 22S (Midland Classic, Burton – Swadlincote): Revised timetable and minor route changes.
- Services 401 / 402 / 403 (Midland Classic, Burton – Uttoxeter): Revised timetable.
- Service 406 (Midland Classic, Uttoxeter Circular): Revised timetable.
- Services 810 / 811 / 812 (Midland Classic, Burton – Lichfield): Revised route and timetable, including the introduction of new 809 Schoolday only journeys.
From 31st August 2017
- Seasonal service X60 (Notts Derby, Derby – Twycross Zoo) finishes.
From 1st September 2017
- Seasonal service X32 (First Potteries, Hanley – Alton Towers) finishes.
- Seasonal service X52 (Notts Derby, Nottingham – Alton Towers) finishes.
- Seasonal service X63 (Notts Derby, Derby – Drayton Manor Park) finishes.
From 2nd September 2017
- Services 1 / 2 / 2E (Arriva Midlands, Huntington – Walsall): Revised timetable.
- Services 1B / 1C (Arriva Midlands, Stafford – Baswich): Minor timetable revisions.
- Service 3 (Cannock – Walsall): Revised timetable.
- Services 3 / 3E (Arriva Midlands, Tamworth – Coton Green): Revised route and timetable. 3A is cancelled and replaced by an increased frequency on service 3.
- Service 5 (Arriva Midlands, Stafford – Telford): Minor timetable revisions.
- Service 6 (Arriva Midlands, Stafford – Rickerscote): Minor timetable revisions.
- Service 8 / 8A (Arriva Midlands, Park Side – Moss Pit): Revised timetable.
- Service 9 (Arriva Midlands, Bridgnorth – Wolverhampton): Revised timetable.
- Service 10 (Wolverhampton – Telford): Revised route and timetable, including new X4 Schoolday only journeys between Perton and Wellington.
- Service 35 (Arriva Midlands, Lichfield – Walsall): Revised timetable.
- Service 60 (Arriva Midlands, Cannock – Lichfield): Revised timetable.
- Service 61 / 62 (Arriva Midlands, Cannock – Lichfield): Revised route and timetable, including the introduction of Schoolday only 61S and 62S journeys.
- Services 70 / 70A (Arriva Midlands, Cannock – Wolverhampton): Revised timetable.
- Service 74 (Arriva Midlands, Stafford – Cannock): Revised timetable.
- Service 110 (Arriva Midlands, Tamworth – Birmingham): Revised timetable, and route around Ventura Park.
- Service 115 (Arriva Midlands, Tamworth – Hurley): Minor timetable revisions.
- Service 164 (Arriva Midlands, Hanley – Market Drayton): Revised timetable, and revised route around Newcastle.
- Service 825 (Arriva Midlands, Stafford – Lichfield): Revised route and timetable, including the introduction of 826 Schoolday only journeys between Stafford and Rugeley.
- Service 836 (Arriva Midlands, Stafford – Great Wyrley) is cancelled.
From 3rd September 2017
- Services 1 / 1A: Service 1 is a new half hourly service operating Monday to Saturday between Park Site and Meir. Service 1A is a new hourly service operating daily between Wood Lane, Audley and Meir. Both will be operated by D&G Bus and replace the cancelled 73 / 74 and Orange ONE services.
- Service 2: New half hourly service, operating Monday to Saturday, between Clayton and Birches Head. The route will be operated by D&G Bus and will replace the cancelled section of service 9.
- Service 4 (National Express WM, Castlecroft – Fordhouses): Revised timetable.
- Service 6 / 6A (National Express WM, Wolverhampton – Wobaston): Revised timetable
- Service 9 (D&G Bus): Revised route and timetable. The service will operate from Biddulph to Newcastle only, with the Clayton section replaced by a new service 2.
- Service 10 (National Express WM, Perton – Wolverhampton): Revised timetable.
- Services 14 / 14A (D&G Bus, Hanley – Stafford): Revised route and timetable.
- Service 17 (D&G Bus, Hanley – Bradwell) will be cancelled and replaced by the revised 94 / 94A service.
- Service 73 / 74 (D&G Bus, Audley – Newcastle) will be cancelled and replaced by the new 1 / 1A service.
- Service 85 (D&G Bus): Revised route and timetable. Route is extended from Crewe to Nantwich and from Newcastle to Hanley and 85B journeys are cancelled.
- Services 94 / 94A (D&G Bus, Newcastle – Congleton): Revised route and timetable, with most 94 journeys diverted via Bradwell to replace the cancelled service 17.
- Service 255 / 256 (National Express WM, Wolverhampton – Merry Hill / Stourbridge): Revised timetable, with 255S journeys cancelled.
- Orange ONE (D&G Bus, Newcastle – Meir) will be cancelled and replaced by the new 1 / 1A service.
- Service X51 (National Express WM, Cannock – Birmingham): Revised timetable.
From 4th September 2017
- Service 3B (Central Bus, Tamworth – Coton Green): Revised timetable.
- Service 4 (Central Bus, Tamworth – Silverlink): Revised timetable.
- Service 16 (Central Bus, Tamworth – Kingsbury): Revised route and timetable, with new 16A journeys via Welford Road in Dosthill introduced.
- Service 22 (First Potteries, Newcastle – Longton): Minor route revisions.
- Service 25 (First Potteries, Hanley – Keele): Revised timetable.
- Service 327 (Midland Classic, Horninglow – Branston): Revised timetable.
- Service X55 (Central Bus, Tamworth – Lichfield): Revised timetable.
From 11th September 2017
- Service 12: New Monday to Friday service from Stafford to Doxey, operated half hourly by Select Bus.
- Service 15 (People Movers, Tamworth – Hurley): Service cancelled.
- Service 66 (People Movers, Tamworth – Dordon): Service cancelled.
- Service X39: New daily service between Derby and Burton, Centrum to be operated by Midland Classic.
From 18th September 2017
- Service 3B (Central Bus, Tamworth – Coton Green) will be renumbered as service 3 with a revised timetable.
From 25th September 2017
- Service 3 (First Potteries, Hanley – Crewe): Revised timetable.
- Service 11 (First Potteries, Hanley – Newcastle): Revised timetable.
- Service 25 (First Potteries, Keele – Hanley): Revised timetable for start of Keele University term.
- Service 227 (Kinver – Stourbridge) will be operated by Diamond Bus, with the same timetable as the current Hansons service.
- Service 228 (Kinver – Brockmoor) will be operated by Diamond Bus, with the same timetable as the current Hansons service
Here is the latest news of bus service changes from the Cheshire East website. The forthcoming timetable for service 130 adds later departures between Wilmslow and Macclesfield on Monday Friday evenings and leaves me wondering if the route is now shared between their Wythenshawe and Macclesfield depots. If so, let’s hope that these attract decent and growing usage since the service finishes up to early at the moment and there is a paucity of evening peak time journeys that looks set to be addressed.
Monday 4 September 2017
- 43 Network Warrington PC0001977/101 Partington – Lymm – Little Bollington: commercial registration cancelled, service withdrawn.
Sunday 3 September 2017
- 78 D&G Bus PC1090231/75 Nantwich – Rode Heath: D&G have registered to change their commercial journeys on the 78 service. The D&G commercial journeys have been shortened to start or end at Coppenhall instead of operating from or too Rode Heath and Scholar Green. There are no changes to the evening and Saturday journeys paid for by Cheshire East Council.
- 130 Arriva PC0002598/290 Macclesfield – Manchester: route and timetable revised with service improvements.
- 1A, 1B D&G Bus PC1090231/96 Crewe – Nantwich: registration cancelled, service withdrawn. See new 85, 85A service for replacement.
- 61 D&G PC1090231/39 Hankelow – Brine Leas High: timetable revised.
- 72 D&G Bus PC1090231/106 Nantwich – Whitchurch: timetable revised.
- 73 D&G Bus PC1090231/105 Nantwich – Whitchurch: timetable revised.
- 85, 85A D&G Bus PC1090231 Nantwich – Crewe – Newcastle – Hanley: route and timetable revised. Now incorporates 1A, 1B sections of route covering Dunwoody Way, Rolls Avenue, Business Park, Macon Way as well as being extended to Nantwich and Hanley Monday to Saturday.
- 94, 94A D&G Bus PD1128125/74 Newcastle – Congleton: route and timetable revised.
- 863 D&G PC1090231/101 Wrenbury – Sound – Brine Leas High: route and timetable revised. St Thomas More and South Cheshire College section of route withdrawn.